Is there something higher than roasted cauliflower? Roasting cauliflower provides it such a wealthy caramelized taste and superb texture–crisp on the surface and velvety on the within. In this recipe for Whole Roasted Cauliflower with Shawarma Spice and Herbed Vegan Yogurt, it’s all about these superb spice flavors which might be amplified within the roasting course of. Whole roasted cauliflower is spectacular, because it appears to be like so fairly to serve the entire cauliflower head with a stunning golden roasted floor. Just slice in and serve. This vegetable dish is fantastically served at your desk for easy meals, vacation dinners, and events. And the unbelievable vegan yogurt dip is the proper accompaniment for this zesty cauliflower dish, too. While this recipe appears to be like fairly elegant and connoisseur, it’s truly fairly straightforward! You can get the entire recipe on the desk in about 1 hour, with solely about 10 minutes of that point spent cooking it. Just put collectively the opposite parts of your meal whereas the cauliflower is roasting.
The secret of this unbelievable entire roasted cauliflower recipe is the shawarma spice mix, which is a conventional Middle Eastern spice mix made with cumin pods, sumac berries, turmeric, black pepper, and extra. You can discover it in nicely stocked retailers or Mediterranean markets, or make it your self. Learn the right way to make shawarma spice mix right here. Another secret of this recipe is the herbed vegan yogurt dip. It’s simply a simple cultured yogurt dip made with garlic, contemporary herbs, and salt and pepper. I really like to make use of plain cultured coconut or almond vegan yogurt manufacturers to make this recipe.
This vegan, gluten-free, tremendous straightforward Whole Roasted Cauliflower with Shawarma Spice and Herbed Vegan Yogurt is your go-to spectacular, delicious vegetable aspect dish for weeknight dinners, vacation dinners, and events.
Whole Roasted Cauliflower:
Herbed Vegan Yogurt:
- 8 ounces vegan cultured yogurt, plain, unsweetened (i.e., coconut, almond, oat)
- 1 clove garlic, minced
- 1 tablespoon chopped contemporary chives (or 1 teaspoon dried chives)
- 2 tablespoons chopped contemporary parsley (or 1 teaspoon dried parsley)
- 2 tablespoons chopped contemporary mint (or 1 teaspoon dried mint)
- Pinch salt (optionally available)
- Pinch black pepper
- Preheat the oven to 375 F.
- Line a baking sheet with parchment paper.
- Trim any leaves off the cauliflower head and the stem, utilizing warning to not disrupt the top of cauliflower (you wish to hold it entire). Place it on the middle of the baking sheet. Pour water within the baking sheet to assist hold cauliflower from drying out.
- In a small bowl, whisk collectively olive oil, shawarma seasoning, garlic, and salt.
- Brush the olive oil combination evenly over the floor of the cauliflower.
- Place the baking sheet within the heart of the oven, uncovered. Bake for 40 minutes, brushing any spice combination from the pan again over the floor of the cauliflower half method by this time period.
- Remove from the oven, brush any spice combination from pan again over the floor, and sprinkle the slivered almonds excessive of the cauliflower. Return to the oven and bake for about 10 extra minutes, till the cauliflower may be very tender when a knife is inserted and the almonds are golden. Remove from the oven.
- While cauliflower is baking, put together the Herbed Vegan Yogurt by mixing collectively yogurt, garlic, chives, parsley, mint, salt (optionally available), and black pepper in a small serving dish.
- Serve cauliflower entire on the baking dish or a platter. Serve with the herbed vegan yogurt on the aspect, drizzling it over the cauliflower earlier than consuming it.
- Makes 6 servings.
- Prep Time: 10 minutes
- Cook Time: 50 minutes
- Category: Side Dish
- Cuisine: American
- Serving Size: 1 serving
- Calories: 127
- Sugar: 3 g
- Sodium: 76 mg
- Fat: 9 g
- Saturated Fat: 2 g
- Carbohydrates: 6 g
- Fiber: 5 g
- Protein: 4 g
Keywords: entire roasted cauliflower, Shawarma Spice, Shawarma Spice mix, vegan yogurt
For different vegetable aspect dishes, try a few of my favorites:
Roasted Winter Vegetables with Za’atar
Balsamic Roasted Butternut Squash and Brussel Sprouts with Farro
Mushrooms in Marsala Sauce
Sesame Soy Glazed Roasted Japanese Sweet Potatoes
Grilled Shishito Peppers with Lemon and Cilantro
Lime Dill Roasted Asparagus
Sweet Potato Home Fries with Zucchini
As an Amazon Influencer, I earn from qualifying purchases. For extra details about affiliate hyperlinks, click on right here.