A harvest out of your summer season vegetable backyard or journey to the farmers market—and rummage via the kitchen cabinet—by no means seemed so scrumptious! With one giant saucepan or pot and some easy elements, this mouthwatering gluten-free, vegan Ratatouille with White Beans is certain to fulfill any hearty urge for food.
This traditional conventional ratatouille recipe takes full benefit of sunshine-loving greens, similar to zucchini, eggplant, tomatoes, peppers and herbs. What is ratatouille? The roots of this dish come from 18th century France within the Provence and Nice space. This Mediterranean recipe follows together with the precept of “making something of nothing.” Essentially, you create delicacies out of all the lovely issues that develop within the area throughout a selected season. And these greens when paired collectively create absolute magic, although that is thought-about a humble, plant-based dish. But the most effective issues in life are easy, rustic, and unassuming. Such as ratatouille!
I’m an enormous fan of this dish, as I stay in a Mediterranean rising area myself. I at all times have an abundance of zucchini, eggplant, tomatoes, and herbs in my backyard each summer season via fall. So, it’s a cinch to whip up this recipe a few occasions a month throughout the season. I added a flourish of pine nuts and a can of white beans to spice up the vitamin worth of this dish. It is actually a one dish meal, balanced with protein, wholesome carbs, and vitamins. What to serve with ratatouille: I wish to pair it with some crusty, entire grain bread and a facet inexperienced salad. But it’s additionally good labeled over pasta or rice.
Watch me make this recipe stay in my Rooted Santa Barbara cooking class right here. I additionally made this ratatouille recipe from my guide The Plant-Powered Plan to Beat Diabetes on my IG Live Plant-Powered Cooking Show right here.
This gluten-free vegan Ratatouille with White Beans recipe is impressed by the French Mediterranean custom, which incorporates the sunny greens eggplant and zucchini together with white beans, herbs, and olives, offering a straightforward balanced meal-in-one.
- 1 tablespoon additional virgin olive oil
- 3 cloves garlic, minced
- 1 small onion, sliced
- 1 small zucchini, sliced
- 1 small eggplant, sliced
- 1 (14.5-ounce) can diced tomatoes, with liquid (might use 2 cups recent, chopped tomatoes)
- 1 (15-ounce) can white beans, drained and rinsed properly (or 2 cups cooked)
- 1/2 cup olives, drained
- 2 teaspoons recent chopped or dried oregano
- 1/4 cup pine nuts
- Salt to style (elective)
- Pepper to style
- In a big saucepan or medium Dutch oven, warmth olive oil. Add garlic, onion, zucchini, and eggplant, and sauté for about 8 minutes.
- Add tomatoes, white beans, olives, and oregano, stir properly, and canopy. Continue to prepare dinner for about 10 minutes (longer if utilizing recent tomatoes), stirring sometimes, till greens are tender, and combination is thick and bubbly.
- Season with salt (elective) and pepper to style. Garnish with pine nuts.
- Serve as an entree or side-dish; wonderful with pasta or entire grains.
- Prep Time: 10 minutes
- Cook Time: 18 minutes
- Category: Entree
- Cuisine: French, Mediterranean
- Serving Size: 1 serving
- Calories: 165
- Sugar: 3.5 g
- Sodium: 192 mg
- Fat: 10 g
- Saturated Fat: 1 g
- Carbohydrates: 18 g
- Fiber: 7 g
- Protein: 5 g
- Cholesterol: 0 mg
Keywords: ratatouille,white bean
For extra Mediterranean vegan entrée recipes, attempt these:
Moroccan Chickpea Sorghum Bowl
Greek Gigantes Beans
Moroccan Chickpea Freekeh Eggplant Skillet
Mediterranean Bowl with Edamame and Quinoa
Mediterranean Persimmon White Bean Kale Salad
Vegan Baked Mediterranean Lasagna
This put up might include affiliate hyperlinks. For extra data, click on right here.