Welcome to Microsoft Ignite! I’m extremely impressed by this world neighborhood and the way you’ve navigated your organizations via vital adjustments over the previous few years.
In a world the place enterprise leaders are feeling the strain to do extra with much less, organizations of all sizes and industries are more and more embracing cloud applied sciences as the trail towards digital and enterprise resilience.
I’ve had the chance to talk with our prospects about their enterprise wants and the challenges they’re going through. Clients, we hear you, and that is what this yr’s Microsoft Ignite is all about—empowering you thru cloud expertise so you’ll be able to deal with what your group does greatest—create, innovate, and differentiate.
We purpose to be the world’s laptop and most trusted cloud accomplice for all workloads. Regardless of the place you might be in your cloud journey, now we have the experience, capabilities, and platform to assist enhance agility, optimize expertise investments, and create data-driven experiences. To that finish, we’re asserting a number of new developments to assist our prospects optimize their assets and get probably the most out of their current investments.
Efficiency, scale, mission-critical capabilities: Azure delivers to maintain your enterprise environment friendly and resilient
As our prospects proceed to embrace digital capabilities with sturdy cloud fundamentals, the “how” of cloud migration is prime of thoughts, particularly for mission-critical workloads.
We work carefully with the expertise distributors you have got historically relied upon to run all of your workloads and guarantee Azure is prepared so that you can modernize your on-premises purposes. We’re asserting a number of new capabilities to assist this:
- Nutanix Cloud Clusters on Microsoft Azure is now accessible for straightforward extension or migration of your current on-premises Nutanix workloads and a constant surroundings without having to switch or retool.
- Updates to Azure VMware Resolution (AVS): Starting at the moment, this native VMware surroundings previews stretched clusters, offering 99.99 % uptime for mission-critical purposes requiring the best availability, and Buyer Managed Keys for optimum management over entry to encrypted knowledge.
- The collaborative SAP ERP is now in preview and will increase person productiveness and focus by integrating workflows throughout SAP S/4HANA Cloud, Microsoft Groups, and Microsoft Workplace for shut collaboration with out utility or context switching.
- Updates to Azure Heart for SAP options, an end-to-end deployment and administration expertise operating SAP on Azure, now previews assist for registering Home windows-based techniques and putting in SAP S/4HANA 2020/2021, whereas offering price transparency via integration with the price evaluation characteristic and much more high quality checks.
The Nationwide Basketball Affiliation (NBA) is a superb instance of a corporation that selected emigrate its SAP options and different assets to Microsoft Azure to enhance operations and increase fan engagement. Azure enabled them to spend much less time managing expertise and focus extra on producing fan-centric experiences that deliver collectively enterprise, recreation, and fan knowledge to boost the best way folks can get pleasure from interacting with the NBA.
We all know that optimizing investments frees up the assets it’s essential to construct the experiences which might be most significant on your prospects.
We’re happy to announce a number of developments to ship new ranges of value efficiency, mission-critical capabilities, and safety—whereas rising effectivity and making certain your enterprise stays resilient, together with:
- The growth of the Azure Disk Storage portfolio with the final availability of Premium SSD v2 for better flexibility when managing efficiency and prices.
- We’re investing that will help you modernize your infrastructure, from the bottom up by taking a system-level method. We just lately launched new Azure Digital Machines and Azure Kubernetes Service that characteristic Ampere Altra Arm–primarily based processors and ship wonderful value efficiency when operating scale-out Linux workloads.
- Azure Elastic SAN, a brand new cloud-native, absolutely managed, and massively scalable storage space community service—solely accessible via Azure.
- New foundational Azure confidential computing service to assist shield knowledge in use, and the addition of confidential computing capabilities to companies like Azure Digital Desktop and SQL Server on Azure Digital Machines.
Delivering data-driven experiences that offer you extra time and worth
We proceed to boost the best way Microsoft Azure integrates throughout infrastructure and knowledge companies so you’ll be able to preserve your enterprise environment friendly and resilient.
In Might, we launched the Microsoft Clever Knowledge platform, integrating our best-in-class database, analytics, and knowledge governance merchandise for a seamless expertise.
At the moment’s bulletins empower our prospects to do extra with much less, add layers of intelligence to purposes, unlock predictive insights, and govern knowledge wherever.
- Builders can construct on their phrases with the brand new innovation in cloud-native distributed knowledge and open-source. Azure Cosmos DB is increasing past NoSQL to assist distributed PostgreSQL, bringing every thing builders love about PostgreSQL to Azure Cosmos DB.
- Basic availability of the SAP Change Seize Knowledge Connector in Azure Knowledge Manufacturing unit permits prospects to usher in SAP knowledge for superior analytics. Azure Knowledge Manufacturing unit’s new Microsoft Graph Knowledge Connector for Microsoft 365 datasets transports your workplace knowledge into Azure, so you’ll be able to unlock collaboration and productiveness insights. We’re additionally persevering with to take away friction from end-user experiences, permitting you to share your Energy BI datasets throughout tenants via Energy BI B2B knowledge sharing.
- Microsoft Purview combines unified knowledge governance with danger and compliance options. Enterprise Workflows, now usually accessible, and Enterprise Metamodel, now in preview, make it simpler to maximise the enterprise worth of your knowledge and drive cross-functional knowledge governance.
And, our new Associate Ecosystem, permits ISVs to construct on prime of the open and ruled Microsoft Clever Knowledge platform, delivering an enriched, cost-optimized experiences for patrons throughout all industries.
Rework your enterprise with Azure, wherever
We wish you to have the ability to keep agile and versatile when extending Azure to your on-premises, multicloud, and edge environments. We meet you the place you might be, so you’ll be able to mix your individual enterprise and operational edge investments with Azure’s world infrastructure to leverage one of the best Azure has to supply—by yourself phrases.
With Azure Arc, we constructed a bridge that extends the Azure platform so our prospects can construct cloud-native purposes and companies with the pliability to run them throughout their current datacenters, edge, and multicloud environments.
For instance, Wells Fargo turned to Azure Arc to streamline a scalable compute platform throughout on-premises and cloud environments. And to get that very same absolutely managed, cloud-native expertise, they’re extending Azure Kubernetes Service (AKS) to their very own datacenters. This presents the pliability to adapt to ever-changing laws and compliance necessities by operating AKS wherever it’s wanted. In flip, they’re capable of deliver new services and products to market sooner and delight their prospects.
I’m happy to announce new Azure Arc capabilities to avoid wasting you cash and allow additional innovation.
- Enlargement of the Azure Hybrid Profit to incorporate AKS so you’ll be able to deploy the Azure Kubernetes Service on Azure Stack HCI or Home windows Server in your individual datacenters or edge environments at no extra price. This ensures a constant, managed Kubernetes expertise from cloud to edge for each Home windows and Linux containers.
- Azure Automanage is now usually accessible for Azure Digital Machines and Arc-enabled servers. Inside minutes, you’ll be able to mechanically configure servers to best-practice Azure companies with a easy “level, click on, set, neglect” expertise—whether or not they run Home windows, Linux, or are already positioned in Azure, on-premises, and even in different clouds.
Do extra with much less: migrate, optimize, reinvest
We’re centered on discovering methods that will help you save and get most worth out of your cloud investments, wherever your enterprise could be in its journey.
We have already got pricing advantages and presents, like Azure Hybrid Profit, that will help you obtain financial savings whereas adopting and working in Azure. We additionally perceive it’s possible you’ll want extra assist to make sure workloads stay safe and guarded with hybrid flexibility as you progress.
At Microsoft Ignite we’re asserting enhancements and advantages to make this even simpler.
- Our flagship Azure Migration and Modernization program (AMMP) now helps you intend and deploy cloud safety companies as you migrate, together with assist for Microsoft Defender for Cloud and Microsoft Sentinel. You too can make the most of Azure innovation throughout hybrid environments with Azure Arc deployment assist for workloads that want to stay on-premises.
- A brand new Azure financial savings plan for compute means that you can save as much as 65 % on choose compute companies in comparison with pay-as-you-go costs.1
In case you’re additional alongside within the journey to cloud, it’s essential to optimize what you’ve already invested. Instruments like Microsoft Price Administration and Azure Advisor show you how to higher handle and perceive your cloud spend with greatest observe steering and personalised insights.
We wish you to have the ability to take these cloud financial savings and reinvest them into vital areas like disaster administration, safety, and clever cloud-native options that assist your enterprise keep resilient, develop, and create new worth.
You possibly can learn extra about how we’re investing in Azure that will help you do extra with much less and there’s an important breakout session this week that can show you how to deliver all of it collectively for your enterprise.
Our dedication to you
Whether or not you’re getting began with migration, able to optimize current investments, or seeking to reinvest your financial savings and preserve innovation with cloud-native applied sciences, we’re right here that will help you make it occur.
Our dedication is to be the cloud accomplice you’ll be able to belief alongside your total cloud journey, serving to you construct agility, optimize your enterprise, and create data-driven experiences.
On behalf of all the Azure staff right here at Microsoft, thanks for letting us be that accomplice for you. Nonetheless you’re experiencing the Microsoft Ignite periods this week—from the house workplace, gathered in Seattle, or world wide—we hope you benefit from the occasion!
Study extra about Azure at Microsoft Ignite this yr
1Clients may even see financial savings estimated to be between 11 % and 65 %. The 65 % financial savings is primarily based on one M64dsv2 Azure Digital Machines for CentOS or Ubuntu Linux within the East US area operating for 36 months at a pay-as-you-go fee vs. a diminished fee for a 3-year financial savings plan. Based mostly on Azure pricing as of October 2022. Costs topic to alter. Precise financial savings could range primarily based on location, occasion kind, or utilization.