This Cranberry Turkey Sandwich is topped with an herby cream cheese unfold and a candy and tangy cranberry sauce- it’s a scrumptious twist on the traditional sandwich and a good way to make use of up leftover Thanksgiving turkey!
A Deliciously Herby, Sweet & Tangy Turkey Sandwich
This wonderful Cranberry Turkey Sandwich will rival something you may get at your native bistro! Stacked excessive with sliced turkey, havarti cheese, crispy lettuce, candy and tangy cranberry sauce and a easy selfmade herbed cream cheese. It is so flavorful and a unbelievable means to make use of up leftover turkey.
Ingredients You’ll Need to Make This Cranberry Turkey Sandwich:
- Sliced Turkey– We used deli turkey. It’s additionally scrumptious with leftover roasted turkey or rotisserie hen.
- Hearty Bread– We used a sturdy wheat bread. Because of the components on this sandwich, you’ll need to use a great hearty bread right here.
- Cranberry Sauce– We used canned cranberry sauce right here, however I’ve additionally used my selfmade cranberry sauce.
- Havarti Cheese– Havarti is a scrumptious easy and creamy cheese. Other good choices can be provolone cheese, Brie, Swiss cheese, or sliced Gouda.
- Lettuce– We used a inexperienced leaf lettuce. Romaine, arugula, or spinach are additionally good choices!
- Cream Cheese– We used a full fats cream cheese. Neufchatel cheese and even Greek yogurt would work right here.
- Chives– Fresh chives brings an herby, scrumptious refined onion taste. Green onions additionally work, or dried chives in a pinch.
- Poultry Seasoning– Poultry seasoning is a good mix of spices that provides this sandwich a Thanksgiving aptitude. If you don’t have this you possibly can add a touch of dried thyme, sage, and rosemary.
- Salt & Black Pepper– Add to season.
How to Make a Turkey Cranberry Sandwich:
- Make the herbed cream cheese. In a small bowl, combine collectively the softened cream cheese, minced chives, poultry seasoning, salt and pepper.
- Assemble the sandwiches. Spread a layer of cream cheese on every slice of bread. Top half of them with a slice of havarti cheese, lettuce, sliced turkey, and cranberry sauce. Top with the opposite slice of bread.
- Serve. Slice in half if desired. Enjoy!
Tips & Suggestions
This sandwich makes a scrumptious toasted sandwich! When I do that, I omit the lettuce. Spread the skin of the sandwich with softened butter or mayo. Use a panini press or skillet over medium warmth to toast the sandwiches till golden brown and the cheese is melted.
Variations and Substitions:
- Use leftover turkey, leftover hen, or rotisserie hen as a substitute of deli turkey.
- Add thinly sliced purple onions or tomatoes.
- Using up Thanksgiving leftovers? Leftover stuffing is scrumptious on this sandwich.
This sandwich is finest when loved instantly. If there are leftovers, take away the lettuce and wrap in plastic wrap or place in an hermetic container within the fridge. It will final 1-2 days.
Looking for More Sandwich Recipes?
Cranberry Turkey Sandwich
This Cranberry Turkey Sandwich is topped with an herby cream cheese unfold and a candy and tangy cranberry sauce- it is a scrumptious twist on the traditional sandwich and a good way to make use of up leftover Thanksgiving turkey!
Servings: 4 sandwiches
In a small bowl, combine collectively cream cheese, chives, poultry seasoning, salt and pepper. Spread the cream cheese combination evenly between 4 slices of bread.
Top the bread slice with cream cheese with one slice of havarti cheese, a lettuce leaf, turkey after which cranberry sauce. Top with the opposite slice of bread.
Cut in half and luxuriate in!
Calories: 444kcal | Carbohydrates: 35g | Protein: 39g | Fat: 17g | Saturated Fat: 8g | Polyunsaturated Fat: 2g | Monounsaturated Fat: 4g | Trans Fat: 0.4g | Cholesterol: 100mg | Sodium: 1050mg | Potassium: 429mg | Fiber: 3g | Sugar: 9g | Vitamin A: 1554IU | Vitamin C: 2mg | Calcium: 278mg | Iron: 3mg
I’m a registered dietitian, mother of 4, avid lover of meals and powerful promoter of wholesome habits. Here one can find numerous scrumptious recipes filled with fruits and veggies, ideas for getting your youngsters to eat higher and grow to be intuitive eaters and many sources for feeding your loved ones.