RGO Robotics CEO Amir Bousani and Verizon’s Simon Jensen-Fellows talk about AI’s influence on cell robots, Verizon’s 5G community’s potential for edge computing, and cloud structure’s evolution.
Listen to this text
This episode is sponsored by RGO Robotics
On the present this week, we test in with RGO Robotics cofounder and CEO Amir Bousani and Simon Jensen-Fellows from Verizon for an in-depth dialog about how AI is shortly evolving and the way this may influence the notion and autonomy capabilities of cell robots. Simon informs us on how Verizon’s 5G community can help the sting computing and communication wants of the cell robotics trade sooner or later. It’s a have a look at how the structure of the cloud and the sting is evolving to satisfy the rising wants of cell robotics.
We additionally cowl the information of the week, together with the announcement of a brand new funding spherical for cell robotics software program supplier Formant, and now we have a fast interview with Formant cofounder and CEO Jeff Linnell.
9:30 Formant Software funding replace with CEO Jeff Linnell
31:54 Featured Interview: Amir Bousani, CEO and co-founder of RGO Robotics, Simon, Jensen-Fellows Head of Technology for 5G Disruption at Verizon
News this week:
- Robotics corporations increase $851M in August 2023
- Robotics funding reached $851 million in August 2023, the results of 62 investments. The whole quantity of funding for 2023 to this point is about $8.85 billion.
- PULS acquires the enterprise of Wiferion wi-fi charging
- PULS has acquired the Wiferion enterprise and can kind a brand new enterprise unit primarily based in Germany known as PULS Wireless.
- PULS is a widely known DIN Rail energy provide producer and has a big gross sales group and channel world wide, so this may carry Wiferion tech to a broader viewers.
- Today, Formant introduced a brand new funding spherical
- Formant introduced the completion of a $21 million funding spherical. The funding was led by BMW i Ventures, with participation from new traders Intel Capital, GS Futures, and former traders, together with SignalFire, Hillsven, Pelion Ventures, Holman, Ericsson, Goodyear Ventures, PICUS Capital and Thursday Ventures.